Monday, October 20, 2008

Finally feeling myself again.

So on Friday my buddy called and wanted to meet up for drinks after work. Cool, says me. We meet up around 5:30. A couple cocktails later, we head for the next place and meet up with more people. More drinks, then the next several places. Next thing I know, it's 3am and I'm falling into bed. Then the alarm goes off at 6:30am. Then the phone starts ringing. Uggh. My head isn't even pounding yet - I'm still drunk.

Thankfully one of my friends offers to drive, and I pull up a seat in the back as we head to LaCrosse. All I want to do is sleep, but I instead get some greasy breakfast and three bottles of water to try to get it together. All day I was a mess! And people brought in food - brats and beer, welcome to Wisconsin, and then burgers and pizza for dinner. Good God man, this is not the winning plan for this kid. But what can you do? No car, strange town, captive audience. The day was fun, but long (it ran way too long for me), and when we headed home I just passed out in the car and snored my way back to St. Paul. Blech.

Sunday I slept until noon and was out of it all day. A friend called and I was spacey and lame on the phone, so I cut it short. I tried to go out, but I didn't want to do anything. Just lethargic. Ate bad too.

This morning I was 7 minutes into my elliptical when I finally felt better. I'm feeling myself now, but man was this weekend the opposite of relaxing! I'll have to work on that. Yuk. Oh, and big damage again - 308.4. Kill me.

No comments:

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going