Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Looking ahead

Okay, today I'm 316.5 - I'm dangerously close to 20 pounds dropped since starting this thing just about two months ago. I'd love to be at 10 pounds lost per month. At that rate, I'll be at my goal weight in just over 1 year from now.

Or perhaps I could speed that up a bit. I don't know... 2 to 3 pounds a week will be 10-15 pounds a month. If I go 15, then I'm looking at being to total goal in roughly 8.5 months. And If I can lose 4 pounds a week (not unreasonable at my size), I'm looking at 7 months. I think. I'm bad at math. Point being, I should be good for a cheesy springtime rebirth metaphor sometime around April/May of next year.

I'm going to push hard, there's no point in dragging this out any longer than I have been. Or holding onto this weight any more.

To quote Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding from The Shawshank Redemption, one of my favorite films, "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

No comments:

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going