Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quick update

Hey, it's me. It's my second day on the job, and now I officially have computer access - huzzah! And look, already blogging - hope that this doesn't get me a talking to.

I saw the evidence of my Chinese lunch this morning, by way of my lack of total shirt soak after my workout. Always a bit of a letdown when my heather grey t isn't charcoal grey through and through on my way out the door of the gym, though I did bust my hump on the exercises.

I'm up to 1.9 miles on the elliptical in 20 minutes. Tomorrow morning I'll kick it up to lvl 11 and see if I can't get to two miles done. I'm starting to entertain fantasies of running a 5k at some point. I realize that smoothly loping along the elliptical is nothing like running 5k on hard pavement, but I'd like to at least get a better understanding of my real-world fitness level. Unfortunately with winter pretty much here, I don't know of too many races in the Twin Cities. I'm assumming that there's a Snow Rabbit race or two though, so I'll look into it when I get home.

Other than that, not too much to report. I'm just doing the best I can, and I'm staying intently focused on my goal - I'm almost in the 80s!

291.7

No comments:

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going