Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm bored.

So technically I haven't yet had a minute of vacation (I don't normally roll into work until 9:15~9:30 and it's only 7:45 right now), but I'm officially bored. I don't have any bum friends to hang out with, and I'm suddenly really not looking forward to filling an entire 7 days by sitting about the house, alone.

I have a feeling that I'm going to go out shopping. A lot. I have a greater feeling that this is going to be a *very* expensive week.

Okay, let's see... Friday I went out after work for cocktails with friends. The first place was cool - just a big table for lots of us to gather 'round at and drink and tell stories. Lots of laughs. Good times. I had 7 or 8 beers there (these pear cider things - the first one was quite tart, but suddenly they were just flowing) as people came and went. Eventually it was just me and three of the women from work. We decided - dancing! So we went to a little dance spot in St. Paul. Several more beers and Jagermeister bombs later and I was out on the dancefloor, having a great time.

Saturday morning came and suddenly I wasn't feeling so good. I found a random Gatorade in the fridge (score!), and laid on the couch for several hours, trying to watch something but seeing absolutely nothing. Ugg. I got it together enough to go out and meet up with some friends for a bit, but didn't stay too long. I was back home, and napping on the couch. Hangovers are apparently a long, drawn-out process for me.

Yesterday I woke up and drove down to see one of my friends. We went to her sister's place to watch football where I had two beers and a big slice of pizza. We then went and toured the city where I went to high school. Afterward we had dinner (I picked at some walleye cakes - not hungry, but had two beers), then went to a bar to watch the evening game. The first bar we went to was a dud, so we went to a second one. It too was lame. At halftime I called it and drove home. Again, not the healthiest choices for my food, but I was very conscience about portion size and didn't go overboard.

Today I'm hanging at 294.7. I've really got to be careful this week as I've got no structure, save for my morning workouts. It's times like this that absolutely kill me. I don't eat at noon exactly, I eat.... whenever. I don't eat at 5:30, I eat.... whenever. I've got to be careful that if I'm eating whenever, I'm not eating whatever too. Honestly, as important as hitting the gym and doing my elliptical and lifting weights is to my program (and the exercise is so very important), getting a good diet every day is so much more important in my estimation. Because I can skip the gym and not blow up for a day or two, but a couple days of poor food choices and I blow up like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

No comments:

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going