Monday, November 17, 2008

New Schedule (again).

So with the new job, I've got a new schedule as well. I start work at 8:30 instead of 9:30 like before. This means that I'll not have the time to come home and blog after the gym! I'm not too sure what that fact means for me or this blog just yet.

I'd like to think that I'll still get it done in the evening, but the fact is, I don't come home straight from work every night. I may end up blogging over my lunch at work, though that's a bit spotty too (all our internet usage is monitored and recorded, and we're all subject to random audits - I don't know where this fits into that).

So I don't know. I do know that I don't want to give this up. It's too important. Chronicling my successes and failures keeps me focused on my main goal right now, and helps to reinforce my positive behaviors and makes me face my negative ones. So I don't want to lose that. I'm also not yet even a third of the way to my goal of 150 pounds lost, so I can't just assume that by letting go of this thing I'd be alright. I firmly believe that this is just as important as a good diet and daily exercise to my continued journey, and that if this goes, the diet could go and the exercise could go. It's all a slippery slope.

Oh, and for the record, I opted for the 3x shirts. While I reject the lifestyle that they represent, I would prefer to look presentable at work, and not jammed into a too-tight shirt, straining to be free like a link of packed sausage. But that's just me. :)

No comments:

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going