Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday

Not too sure what to write today. I seem to be in a bit of a funk. It's cold outside and I don't much care to think about venturing out there. Of course I did this morning, but working out is pretty much mandatory these days. Point is though, I just want to stay inside and eat something warm and get under a blanket.

Not much else is going on. No big revelations. No major changes at work. Nothing going on with the family. Blah. I guess I'm anticipating the holiday? Doubt it. I did read in the paper this morning that Best Buy is offering buyouts to 4000 employees. My boss's husband was laid off yesterday. I'm getting a bit nervous about work, my place there and how concrete of a position I have. We received a note last week letting us know that in an effort to stave off layoffs, there are no raises for anyone for 2009. On the one hand, it's good that they're making efforts to avoid layoffs, on the other it's rough to think that depending on how long the economic slide is going to be until things settle, there will be layoffs at some point. I just hope that if it's me, I land on my feet quickly. Ugh.

281.8

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

I hear you man.... I think we are all in the same boat work wise. My employer is talking 5 to 10% in workforce reduction. When your talking about 13,000 employees that's allot. Luckily its a union shop and I have 8 plus years now so I am pretty sure I will miss the first bullet. Keep bettering your health and self... Doing that can do nothing but good.

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going