Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Shopping

Another day, another no drop on the scale. And I was good yesterday! I tracked my calories and didn't overindulge! I went to the gym! Bah. Bodies are just funny that way I guess. It's kind of sweet to micromanage me when I'm losing on the daily, but when I gain or like today I have no change? Weaksauce.

Last night I got almost all my Xmas shopping done. Yay! I love giving gifts to people, so I really like shopping for others, thinking about them, what they might want. It's fun. Strangely, I *hate* receiving gifts. I always have these weird reactions. Maybe I didn't always, but at some point I guess I did, then I became self-conscience about it and now I just hate getting stuff. I feel like a weirdo when I open the package. Am I alone with this? Is this common? I've never discussed it with anyone, so I don't know if this is just one of my many idiosyncratic characteristics or if it's more common than I'm aware.

I was up late because of the shopping and doing a bit of freelance work on the side, so I fell asleep hard at 11. Getting up on time was quite the chore this morning, but I made it into the gym and got a good arm day done. I was on the elliptical machine and felt something weird in my right knee at around the 15-minute mark. Don't know what it was, but after I got off the machine I had a slight limp. Thankfully it went away in the next 10 minutes or so. Then we were doing some standing curls and we used a machine to do them. We used the straight-bar attachment that we normally use for reverse curls, and I found that it was a bad call. The straight bar forced me to over-rotate my wrists - turns out there's a reason that standard curl bars have the 45° kinks in them. So by the third set, my wrists felt strained. Next time? Curl bar attachment.

I think that's it for today - be well. :)

285.0

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

I like to give and receive gifts. I do hear you on not knowing how to react with some gifts. Giving gifts to little kids is the best.

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going