Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Goals

Today at the gym, Dan asked me if I had goals. "Yeah," I replied, "I guess so." He pushed me, wanting to know what weight I was going for by Thanksgiving or Christmas. I paused and said, "You know, I don't know."

And I don't.

My goals, up to this point anyway, were based around just attending. I'd had a Bally's Fitness account for going on five or six years, paying $25 a month and never going (quick math break - that's like, $1800 - idiot me). I'd sorta kinda think about maybe one day going or whatever... but I never did, save for that first year when I went a bit, and the third year when I had a workout buddy for awhile. But I digress...

My goals early on were attendance, followed quickly by losing enough weight to show up on my scale. Both goals met! I'm now through the middle of week 3, and it's going great. I did my elliptical again on lvl 3, and while I sweat, I wasn't looking like I'd been starring in a Slip'N'Slide commercial. And that's good, because it's translating to not sweating while walking up stairs, which had *ahem* become a bit of an issue.

Based on the big weird graphic thing at the top of this blog, I guess my overall goal is to lose 150lbs, but that's just not really reasonable to think about. That's so much! So instead, I'm focusing on small, attainable goals. Babysteps, if you will. Babysteps that let me know I'm on the right path, without overwhelming myself with triple-digit thoughts.

So my current goal? Weigh under 330 pounds. My goal after that? Weigh under 325 pounds. And once we've got that number behind us?

I'll let you know what I decide then. :)

No comments:

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going