Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday

Saturday morning I hit the gym and did a leg routine. By the early afternoon, I could feel the ache in my muscles. By the evening the ache had become a bit of a roar. Early Sunday, the roar had become a serious pain - genuflecting as I stepped into the church pew straight-up *hurt*.

Today it's back to just _sore_. I'll take it. Gladly.

Tonight I'm planning 4 miles on the elliptical, followed by another mile on the treadmill. I did a light tread run out of curiosity on Saturday and found that the effect was different than the elliptical is. As such, I want to explore the exercise more. My only fear is busting up my knees, which is why I'm planning only a small run after my main elliptical workout.

The scale jumped a bit yesterday morning too. I'm fairly certain that it's because of the hard lifting session; I certainly didn't do anything terrible this weekend. I'll keep monitoring the changes.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

If you haven't been lifting in a while, your muscles will retain water. It'll go away after they adjust to your new program.

I love DOMS. Means I was working really hard.

Fat Daddy said...

I will give you the advice that I am having trouble taking myself. The gain is just water retention from all those sore muscles. It will come off. I am banking on that myself.

40 Something said...

With Squishy, You and Me at the core --- we could start a New Knights of the Round Bottom Group for 2010, what do you think?

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going