Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday

Well, last week I was at work until 8 or 9 most nights. Then I was able to score my Saturday free, but was back at work Sunday. The project manager had made a deal with me: 10am - 2pm on Sunday. I rolled in at 8am, thinking that I'd get out of there by noon or so. Uh... no. I ended up being there until 10:30pm. Yikes! And today was another late one.

The good news is, tomorrow we have to push what we have to the live server, and then we're done. Until our next release at the end of April. But at least the manic mayhem will be done with for a spell.

The bad news is, they've been catering our lunches/dinners while we're pounding out code. Pizza, Chinese food, soda, chocolates, chips... not good. So I'm trying to be good, but I find that I'm doing something that I just don't do - constant grazing/snacking. To be fair, I'm just eating string cheese and apples (mostly), but it's this constant noshing that is throwing me off.

This weekend I'm headed out of town to Chicago with some friends of mine for a weekend of drinking, eating and nerdness. Should be fun. Dangerous for me, but fun.

4 comments:

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Think positive, at least you are snacking healthy. You might try to switch the apple with something high in protein and low in calories.
I would suggest having fun on your vacation, but try doing little things like adding salads to meals.
Have fun.

Rebecca said...

Wow, you work so much. That would be disastrous for my weight loss!

nic said...

Working long hours is such a tough hurdle to overcome. It sounds like you're making smart choices (string cheese and apples!)

Keep up the good work!

Deb said...

I feel you on the long work hours. Hang in there.

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going