Monday, June 01, 2009


This past weekend was full of excitement as I finally packed up the moving truck and went South, moving to be closer to my special lady friend. I've been really anxious about this thing actually happening, so I'm pleased that it's finally come and past now.

Leading up to the move, I hadn't been sleeping well for weeks. Last week I was up until 2, 2, 3, 4, then Friday night I didn't sleep a minute. She showed up around 9am, and I was ready to go - everything all boxed up. The movers came around 11am, and it took 2.5 hours to pack up the truck. A bit of cleaning later (thanks honey!), and we were on the road. Of course there was some issue with taking posession of the apartment, but it all worked out in the end and I'm probably 35% unpacked and set up.

This morning I was up at 4:45, drove to the gym, and I'm now at work. I'm ready to not have to think about Will The Move Actually Happen? and the associated potential pitfalls that accompany this line of thinking. Now I'm ready to once again blog and focus on my weight-loss issues.

I find that while I can multi-task to a degree, I can really only handle one Big Issue at a time. Whereas it was weight loss, it had switched to relationship/move in the past month. Ergo, less blogging, less thinking about how to improve, etc. But now I'm ready to switch back, read more, work out harder, do all the things I need to do to make my weight loss my #1 Big Issue again.

While I went to the gym a bit last week, I didn't go often enough, nor did I lift weights when I went - only did the stationary bike. This morning saw me pounding out upright rows, front raises and lateral raises, plus a couple miles on the elliptical. I worked up a bit of a sweat, but not a huge deluge, which is indicitive of too much sodium in my system. Not surprising, as last night I had a pork sandwich and french fries with ranch dressing and some potato salad and a couple beers from a delivery place. It was good, and I knew I was making that decision when I ordered it, but that's the last order like that. Next time we get BBQ, I'll just get the grilled chicken sandwich and water.

I stepped on the scale and saw 259 this morning. Now, normally I weigh-in after getting home from the gym (shut up - it maximizes my low number, but since I always am consistent like that the number of pounds lost is *always* accurate!), but I guess I'm going to have to weigh in earlier now. Which means that I'll be a pound up on what I used to weigh in. Eh, I'll figure it out. I always do.



Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

It's tough to keep losing weight a priority when big issues crop up in your life. Good luck keeping focused and getting back on track.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are moved and the old place is now out of site out of mind.

Which weight would you like me to use for the challenge?

Hope all fits into place for you this week! :)

Will (4xlt) said...

Good to hear the move went well and things are getting back to normal, Andrew. New get pack to pounding those weights!! Hahaha.


antgirl said...

When we moved last year, everything else took a back seat. Husband was off being trained all the time. Most of the packing fell to me. Yikes!

All that lifting, packing and unpacking had to make up for the missed workouts. At any rate, it didn't hinder my progress any.

Hope you're enjoying the new place!

Summer said...

Congrats on your move. How exciting for you. I can imagine the stress that would cause. Isn't that in the top 5 major stressors? Glad your back to your blog. :)

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going