Monday, August 01, 2011

One More Time

I've got that song by Daft Punk in my head.

Well, today marks the two-month countdown until my wedding. Scary. Especially as I weighed in and was at 299 and change this morning. But not three bills (like it matters, I've already seen it previous weeks).

For whatever reason, I haven't been able to get my shit together. So now I have to sprint on this marathon instead of grinding it out. What does that mean? Not sure exactly. Hit the gym on the daily. Of course, it's already 10pm and I've yet to go. Shit.

I do like pressure. I can't ever manufacture it. I always know real from fake, you know? Can't hype myself up. I understand why athletes like having 'bulletin board material', as it makes getting hyped up easier. That external pressure.

Anyway, I'd like to dump thirty in two months. Is that even possible? No clue. But if it *is* going to happen, then I need to be doing everything in my power. Running. Lifting weight. Eating well. And blogging.

Whether I lose weight or not, the wedding is coming. I'd like to enjoy the shit out of it, you know?

By the way, FutureWife and I had our first dance lesson tonight. It was okay (though I was irritated that the class instructor insisted on the women switching every dance step -- too many partnerless ladies show up, and with only three lessons left in the package we bought, is it rude of me to want to practice with FutureWife exclusively?

By the way-way, I sweat like a sonofabitch during dancing. Dancing y'all.


edit at 11:27pm
why yes, I did just get home from the gym. Sprint, bitches.

1 comment:

Mary (A Merry Life) said...

"Whether I lose weight or not, the wedding is coming. I'd like to enjoy the shit out of it, you know?"

I relate to this so much.

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going