Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yikes

Last night I had some issues getting to sleep. I finally went down somewhere close to midnight, scoring less than five hours for the third night in a row.

I'm pooped.

At the gym this morning, the effects of little sleep showed up - I actually bailed from the elliptical 30 minutes into my planned 45 minute exercise. I just didn't have the energy. I'm already looking forward to tonight's bedtime. I'm *so* tired, and I feel like I've got nothing left in the tank. The problem is, it's only Wednesday. :(

253.4

7 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I'll go through period of high stress where I never can seem to get enough sleep. I generally wind up changing my routine and trying to calm everything down a couple hours before bedtime. I don't even mind if I don't actually sleep, but if I can read, relax, just generally get my mind off whatever's stressing me out, I feel much better. Good luck getting out of the rest of the week in one piece.

Shhhhh said...

I really need to work on getting more sleep too. On a good night, I might get 5-6 hours. UGH!

I actually told Hubman this morning that I was going to bed early tonight. I think he thinks I have something else in mind other than sleep. HA!

But anyway, yeah, not enough sleep does make working out extra hard. Hope you can start relaxing and getting more sleep soon.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Sometimes getting to sleep is so hard! It sounds like you made the right call in taking a break from the exercise! I hope you feel better and more energetic tomorrow.

Connie said...

Getting enough sleep is always so important for me and is the main reason that I haven't stayed on track with my fitness goals.

Have a good night!

Fat Daddy said...

The fact that you still slugged out a workout is still good, and maybe now your sleep clock will be reset. Good luck.

Easy Losing Weight said...

Great job still getting to the gym. If I only have 5hrs of sleep, I am not sure I would go.
Get some rest and kick but tomorrow.

Emmett said...

I love my sleep, I feel for you.

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going