Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday

Oh man... my body is so sore this morning.

Last night I went to taekwondo and had several sparring rounds with some guys. What a totally different level of fitness that is! Yesterday morning I'd done 13+ miles on the stationary bike doing intervals over the course of 45 minutes, yet these little 3 minute rounds were just kicking my ass.

When the alarm went off this morning, there was just no way. Just no way! My tank was totally empty. I'll have to keep going to this new tkd class and get my fitness level up so I don't end up missing the morning workouts the next day.

251.2

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like your new goal has just become clear?!

Fat Daddy said...

I don't know how you can do it. But I am jealous. Advil and Aleve...lots of it with H2O.

I was heavy into Karate many years ago. And before that I wrestled. Man those 3 minutes just destroyed me. I can't imagine doing that shit now that I am so fat.

Rock on dude!

jo said...

You know, I find it absolutely amazing how you feel pretty fit, and then switch things around and have your a$$ handed to you on a platter. What a rude awakening!

Good luck with the new TKD classes, and may your endurance build quickly!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Wow! That's pretty amazing. I bet you will be surprised how fast you get even stronger!

antgirl said...

That would definitely kick my ass. You definitely could, too. :)

Ron said...

Sounds like you had a great workout, keep at it!

foolsfitness said...

I used to do taekwondo as a kid. I thought it was wonderful. I thought as a martial art it had the best mix of both arms and legs.

my father was more of a judo jujitsu guy and from what ultimate fighting I've seen I think that may be more practical in real world extended use.

I can relate a bit to the soreness. I rode my new bike a couple of days and found muscles that haven't been used for a couple of years. I almost called in sick today (or would it have been called in sore?)

At Foolsfitness we never miss a workout... we don't even shoot at them. - Alan

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going