Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Snooze

Oh man.

This morning I woke up at 6:30. Shit, I thought... that's when I'm supposed to be *at* the gym. And seeing as how my gym is 75 minutes away, and I still had to pack up my work clothes, etc... pretty clear I wasn't making it. Additionally, my cheek was soaked as I awoke in a swamp of my own drool. I always drool when sleeping if I'm sleeping HARD, so clearly I was wiped out.

I made it to work on time (mostly), and I'm going about my morning business, but I've got to say - without my morning exercise, I'm struggling. I've stretched my legs and back several times here in my beige cubicle (fucking kill me please), but I still feel tight and sore and beat. Some days it's just tough trying to find enough time for gym, work, my drive, my gf, sleep and myself, never mind the daily chores that I've just kind of let go of. Something had to give, I guess that's what I've chosen.

But today apparently my body opted for sleep over anything else, as I clearly recall setting the alarm when I went to bed. I must have turned it off (I did check the switch and it was OFF this morning) in my sleep (or a close proximity of sleep), the rolled over and cashed out again. Shrug. I guess it was important.

Tonight I have a second night of TKD, so I'll get some decent exercise in anyway. Oh, and last night I got some round kicks up to face-height: some flexibility is already starting to return! Huzzah!

253.2

10 comments:

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

Ok, your gym is 75 minutes away? Why?

Fat Daddy said...

I agree. That's a hell of a commute for the gym. Anyways your body was telling you it needed to catch up. It may help you stay healthy to do that once in a while.

No biggie. The key of course is to get back in the groove as quickly as you can.

I also have trouble fitting exercise in. These days I walk at lunch time.

Roder said...

I moved from St. Paul to Rochester, which is 75 minutes south of the Twin Cities. My job is still in St. Paul, so it just made sense to keep the same gym membership and still meet up with my workout partner before going into the office.

Ripx180 said...

yeah sometimes the body takes what it needs... I have to put my alarm across the room or I do the turn off the alarm trick too. Ditto on what the others said 75 min ouch! I guess if its near work and part of the routine then it makes allot of sense.

Fat[free]Me said...

Gawsh, and I have been complaining about a 30 min trip!

Kudos to you for managing to keep it up all those times when you have and don't worry about missing this one - you must've needed the rest.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I wound up joining a second gym that's right around the corner from my office. It took one more excuse for not exercising off the table.

antgirl said...

You got the TKD in. So you weren't a total sludge.

Kudos on the round kicks. That's impressive.

It is hard fitting everything in. We do our best. That's all we can do. :)

Mary Beth said...

TKN. My 7 year old is taking it and I'm so jealous. As soon as we can afford for me to do I want to start too!

South Beach Steve said...

Grats on the round house kicks! It sounds like your body needed the rest though, so don't beat yourself up too much.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to this as I have a tendency to turn the alarm off when I am tired.

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going