Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Winter Coat Revisited

This weekend it snowed here in beautiful Minnesota. Obviously this meant that I had to rummage through the closet to find my winter coat.

Two years ago I bought a gorgeous, full-length black wool overcoat. I wrote about it here. Then I was able to get to a point where I retired that coat and found my old green one, which I wrote about last March. To save you the time of going back and rereading the posts, I'll summarize: Oldest coat was super-big. Basically a XXXL. Then I dropped down into my green one, which was a XXL. That post ended with the line, "She's a double ex. She fits wonderfully again. I can't wait to retire her and wear a single ex."

Well kiddies, when I put her on this fall, she was too big. So off I went, to find a new coat. One that fit. One that was a single ex. And guess what? When I got to the department store? I had my pick of the litter - they'd *just* put out all the new coats, and every single one of the XL fuckers fit.

I chose a black wool coat, simple clean lines (I hate those ski jackets for everyday wear - all the weird, angular cuts, the overly-bright color choices, the noisy nylon or gortex or whatever the hell... let's go for classic!), buttons with a zip interior for when the wind blows. Love it.

I don't see much change, but my body tells me that it's still happening. The weight is shifting around on my body. My gut isn't so big that I have to wear a XXL coat any longer. :)

Next up, a XL shirt. I scored one from Dan the Workout Partner the other day (btw Dan, nice unload on me - those stripes are fucking hideous!), but while I can get it on, it doesn't look too great. I take some comfort in the fact that the label says, "athletic cut", but not too much. ;)

Anyway, I've already had two liters of water, peed three times and have a urine spot next to my left knee - man this dick is big. Gotta go refill this water bottle. See ya!

253.2

16 comments:

Fat Daddy said...

Dude. Awesome on the coat! I have been dying for years to get back into my old black wool top coat, and I know I will right now.

Those big dick problems sure do suck I must agree.

Carlos said...

awesome way to go

Fat[free]Me said...

That is great news about the coat - I am avoiding any comments about certain XXXL other things!

antgirl said...

it snowd here oct 4. cool on a smaller coat. great and stylish choice. i want 2 get a wool coat this year. no blach tho. my cats r white.

screwdestiny said...

Oh man, that last line had me laughing out loud. Sounds like you have classy taste when it comes to coats. Good for you.

blah said...

That is awesome that you fit every single XL coat in the store! It is a wonderful feeling! I am so happy for you!

nic said...

VICTORY!

Easy Losing Weight said...

Well, losing the weight is awesome, paying for new coats all the time must get expensive but worth it!

Emmett said...

Keep up the good work!

I miss snow at times

Shhhhh said...

How about a pic of...

your new coat? ;)

Congrats on having your pick of the XLs. I agree about the style too. Nothing better than a simple wool coat.

Carrie said...

Wool coats are nice, but gimme my ski coat (espresso brown with some fuscia pink) any day. I'd feel too dressed up in a wool coat and never be able to find a reason to wear it!

That XL thing is super cool though.

Christy said...

Oh my ... hey you, watch where you're swingin' that thang!!!

I need a new winter coat, too, but I'm going to try to buy discount since I'm losing weight so quickly.

Cool blog, duder!

Lyn said...

ROFL, you made me spit my coffee! What DO you do when it's summertime?? I am sure shorts are out of the question.

John's Weight Loss Blog said...

Great job, that has to have been a great feeling!

Jeff said...

Congratulations! That's such a great achievement. I can't wait to be an XL again. It will be wonderful to buy clothes off the rack again at a regular store...

Brightcetera said...

I want to see pics of pee stains next time.
Keep it real for gawd's sake :D

Big Dick™ = Super Happiness

oh and congrats on the coat, Roder!
and your profile pic is HAWT.

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going