Monday, December 27, 2010

Ugh, my head...

It's now 8:22 PM and I haven't had a bit of caffeine yet today. My head! Ugh. There's this headache that's just sitting right in the middle of it, pulsing slowly.

I've come in today at 1725 calories. I think that somewhere between 1600 and 1800 seems "right" for me, though getting my body used to that will be a bit tough I'm afraid.

Tomorrow I should be headed to the gym. I'm looking into a couple weight training routines. I think deadlifts, squats and bench presses will be the focus as they're the best for adding big chunks of muscle. I'm not looking to be slim, I'd like to have a bit of an athletic build.

I'm yawning quite a bit. Not sure if it's due to yesterday's travel (and the week of Xmas in TX), or the caloric reduction. Stay tuned and we'll investigate if I stay tired or if I rebound.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I get the caffeine headache. I've been weaning myself back OFF sugar after three weeks of enjoying it a little too much, and am enjoying some headaches myself.

ibprofen is my friend :)

Board Certified Doc said...

Get examined by a Doctor And take proper medication.

Kimberly said...

I have given up many, many things.

Coffee will never be one of them. I just don't have it in me to try.

The great thing about getting back on track is that you already know what to do. You don't have to figure anything out so the transition is far easier.

Geoff said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. A powerlifting-style program is a great approach, and one I wholly endorse. Check out 70sbig.com (if you don't already) for some good advice and humor related to weight lifting. They have a really good, simple strength and conditioning program that might appeal to you as well. Good luck!

Where I've Been and Where I'm Going